Fall in love with Port Douglas
Part country town, part village, part exclusive tourist resort in the tropical far north of Queensland, Australia
Port Douglas has everything you need for a great escape
Port Douglas is part country town, part village and part exclusive tourist resort on the Coral Sea in the tropical far north of Queensland, Australia.
Port Douglas is known for its beach resorts and as a base for visits to both the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest reef system, and Daintree National Park, home to biodiverse rainforest. In town, Macrossan Street is lined with boutique shops and restaurants. Curving south is popular Four Mile Beach.
Port Douglas really has everything you need for a great escape:
- Pristine beaches and tropical rainforests
- Beautiful fauna and flora
- Scuba diving
- Hot air ballooning
- River rafting
- Horse riding
The Great Barrier Reef - one of the natural wonders of the world
The Great Barrier Reef is one of the seven wonders of the natural world. The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for over 2,300 kilometres over an area of approximately 344,400 square kilometres.
The Great Barrier Reef offers stunning marine life, perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving. The tropical views offer native fauna and flora as well as heritage rainforest.
The Great Barrier Reef attractions include:
- The world’s largest collection of more than 400 different kinds of corals
- Coral sponges, molluscs, rays
- Dolphins and over 1,500 species of tropical fish
- More than 200 types of birds
- Around 20 types of reptiles including sea turtles and giant clams over 120 years old
Award-winning restaurants, galleries and boutique shopping
Port Douglas is the culinary gem of Queensland. Wine and dine amongst over 60 restaurants and cafes. Shop at specialty shopping boutiques or the seaside markets every Sunday morning. Enjoy a diverse range of art, from Indigenous to modern pieces, at Port Douglas’ renowned art galleries.
Support Port Douglas’ local producers and creatives at the weekly Port Douglas Markets. There’s everything from handicrafts to local delicacies available.
Port Douglas has something for everyone:
- Retreat to the Daintree Rainforest
- Visit the Mossman Gorge located inside the Daintree Rainforest
- Dine in one of Port Douglas’ many award-winning restaurants
- Explore Port Douglas’ galleries
- Enjoy Port Douglas’ boutique shopping
- Relax in one of Port Douglas’ many iconic pubs and alfresco cocktail lounge bars